Tsar & Tsai strongly encourages its members to participate in legal aid services and charitable activities, as demonstrated by the following representative examples
Tsar & Tsai strongly encourages its members to participate in legal aid services and charitable activities, as demonstrated by the following representative examples:
- Tsar & Tsai Foundation invited Mr. Garth Meintjes, President of The Global Network for Public Interest Law (PILnet), to deliver a speech on November 27, 2018 at 11:00am at the Taipei Bar Association. Through his speech titled “Law and the Public Interest in the Age of Globalization”, Mr. Meintjes shared with the audience his life and work experience defending the public interest and his perspectives about how to connect a global community of lawyers to better and more effectively serve the public interest in today’s world. Mr. Meintjes’ speech was followed by a very interesting and engaging Q & A discussion.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to sponsor the moot-court team of the National Cheng-Chi University to attend the 2018 ICC Moot Court Competition in Peking, PRC.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to sponsor the ALSA for the ALSA Taiwan Study Trip in Taipei from July 5-10, 2018.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to sponsor the WTO moot-court team of the National Cheng-Chi University to attend the 2018 Asia-Pacific Regional Round of the ELSA Moot Court Competition on WTO Law in Thailand.
- Tsar & Tsai sponsored the PILnet (The Global Network for Public Interest Law) Global Forum, held in Budapest from October 16-19, 2017, and sponsored Taiwanese public interest lawyers for their the attendance in the Forum.
- Tsar & Tsai sponsored IC Broadcasting to buy speaker box for Ping-Tung Pei-Yeh Elementary School in 2017, to buy instruments for Nan-Tou Hung-Yeh Elementary School in 2016, and to buy shoeboxes for school kids in rural area as Christmas present in 2015.
- Tsar & Tsai sponsored the PILnet (The Global Network for Public Interest Law) 2016 “3rd Annual Asia Pro Bono Forum”, held in Indonesia from August 29-30, 2016. Janice Lin attended the meeing on behalf of the firm, and the firm also sponsored the attendance of two lawyers of the Taipei Bar Association, Li Hsuan-Yi and Fu Hsin-Yi.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to sponsor the moot-court team of the Institute of Technology Law of National Chiao Tung University, to attend the Asia-Pacific Regional Round of the 2015 ELSA Moot Court Competition on WTO Law, to be held in Manila, the Philippines.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to sponsor a program called “Energy Conservation & Carbon Reduction” for the years 2011 to 2014, as promoted by the IC Broadcasting Company (Hsinchu Science and Industrial Park Radio FM 97.5). The program donated solar water heaters to schools in remote rural areas of Taoyuan, Hsinchu and Miaoli in Taiwan. Through on-site visits and installation of the heaters in these schools, the program aimed to spread the idea of energy conservation and carbon reduction, as well as to improve students’ personal hygiene and standard of living in the remote rural areas.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to sponsor two events in 2014 held by the Garden of Hope Foundation: “One Billion People Rising to Drum Against Violence” and “V-Men Against Violence”.
- Tsar & Tsai’s Executive Committee resolved to donate funds to the Kaohsiung City Government for the Kaohsiung underground gas explosions in relief of the victims and the volunteer police officers/firefighters injured in the explosions.
- In 2011, the Executive Committee of Tsar & Tsai endowed the National Taipei University Department of Law, the champion team of Taiwan district, in the amount of NT$100,000 for the finals of the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition held in the United States.
- Tsar & Tsai has endowed the Tsar & Tsai Legal Scholarship which has been awarded annually to five undergraduate and graduate law students who are interested in international business law and have demonstrated exceptional scholastic achievements.
- From 2006 to 2011, Tsar & Tsai continued to sponsor and support National Taiwan University College of Law’s WTO Moot Court Competition and delegate one of our experienced trial lawyers to be a judge for the Moot Court Competition.
- In 2009, the Executive Committee of Tsar & Tsai donated cash to the local charities assisting in the post August 8 flooding disaster relief and reconstruction.
- In October 2008, Tsar & Tsai entered into an agreement with the Institute of Technology Law of the National Chiao Tung University to endow the Chiao Tung University Tsar & Tsai Legal Forum.
- Through the endowment, Tsar & Tsai supports and hosts internationally renowned scholars for lectures, seminars and publications with Chiao Tung University to promote the study of technology and financial law in Taiwan.