Ms. Maggie Lee is an Integrated Partner with Tsar & Tsai Law Firm specializing in intellectual property law. Maggie has been practicing law since 2001 focusing her practice on litigation, administrative litigation and transactions relating to trade secret, trademark, patent, and copyrights.
Maggie’s litigation experience involves representing corporate clients in court proceedings for injunction, temporary restraining order and asset freeze cases involving IP disputes. She also provides consulting to clients on litigation strategies and alternative resolutions for IP disputes. As a detail-oriented and savvy litigator, Maggie is able to look at the dispute from a holistic point of view and provide advice and alternatives to clients that integrate client’s internal and external resources as well as preserving the client’s business interest.
On the transaction side, Maggie has assisted various clients on contract review of licensing agreements for various types of IP rights and providing advice relating to distribution and franchise arrangements.
Maggie has previously offer trademark law courses for the extension programs of Tunghai University and Huafan University. She has also been invited by the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) and the Science & Technology Law Institute (STLI) to give speech and conduct workshops to clients and industry insiders on trade secrets, patent, and trademark dispute resolution practices.
Maggie served as the Director of Hsinchu Bar Association during 2015-2018.
- Tunghai University School of Law (LL.B. 1997; LL.M. 2001)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. with concentration on Intellectual Property 2007)
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taoyuan Bar Association
- Hsinchu Bar Association
- Taichung Bar Association
- Tainan Bar Association
- Kaohsiung Bar Association
- Asia Patent Attorneys Association
- Probative Value of Market Survey Report in Trademark Disputes (National Intellectual Property Law Symposium 2011)
- Overview of Microsoft Corp. v. AT&T Corp. – the Application of §271(f) (Taichung Bar Association Journal 2007)
- Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese Hokkien, English
Thomas joined Tsar & Tsai in 2012. He specializes in patent drafting/prosecution, patent invalidation/defense against invalidation, administrative remedy, patent searches and infringement analyses for the cases related to electronic processes and equipment, MEMS, semiconductor processes and devices, mechanical designs, and mechanical manufactures for semiconductor, optoelectronic, and precision mechanical industry.
- B.S., Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Chiao Tung University (1989)
- M.S., Institute of Applied Mechanics, National Taiwan University (1991)
- Mandarin Chinese and English
- National Tsing Hua University, majored in Chemistry (B.S., 1997)
- Quality Control Engineer, Ti-Acer Inc. (1997-2000)
- Quality Control Engineer, UMC Japan (2002-2006)
- Sales Engineer, UMC Japan (2006-2008)
- Chinese and Japanese